Tuesday, March 22, 2011

"with grace in your heart & flowers in your hair."

 {via: tumblr.}

every time i hear that someone is going through a breakup i want to give them a huge hug like the one above. strangers, classmates, that crazy man on the bus, celebrities, best friends. all of them. 

i want to give them a big hug & tell them it will be okay, that their hearts will smile again. 


but i also know that the sun does come back. that you will get butterflies over new boys. that you will be giddy about a new first date. (& that on that date, you will not think of your ex. not one bit.)  that one morning you will wake up genuinely happy about what's ahead. that you will find love.  that your heart does heal- that your wings just get stronger.  that you come out on the other side a smarter, happier girl.  that you will find yourself not wanting to change any of it for the world- because it helped you get to the you you are today

that even when you think you have a better idea about what you want in life, you don't that there are extraordinary things waiting for you.  that you have no clue what God has in store for you & that things must fall apart, twist & turn to lead you to the exact place you are meant to be. with the exact person you are meant to be with.

i promise.
xoxoxoxo.


And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears.
And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears.
Get over your hill and see what you find there,
With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair.

-mumford & sons.
Pin It Now!

18 comments:

  1. Beautiful post! You seriously have such a cute blog. I read it every day! :)
    ~Ariel at http://adreamersdaze.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks ariel! : ) i am so happy you like it! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. i really needed to read this today. i tell myself things like this all the time and i know it's true, but it's really comforting to hear it coming from someone else! so thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i agree with sera, although i tell myself those things, hearing from someone else is really comforting and reassuring. thanks so much for posting i needed to read it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love love love this song.

    and to be honest...this post is TOTALLY what i needed tonight. as much as i hate to admit it...even i need these reminders.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your words are so beautiful and so true.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such an amazing post!
    I'm in love!

    It's so true!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Anna,
    you write so beautifully.
    Thank you for sharing your words, your thoughts, lessons and inspirations with us.

    Have a wonderful day,
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  9. And somehow you always know exactly how to put the things you mean in words the way they should be.
    Those Germans will be so lucky to have you this summer (and also: Belgium and Germany are sooooo close together... hehe, yes I'm selfish)

    ReplyDelete
  10. your words always catch me by surprise, darling :) i read this at least 4 times and it really touched me :) thank you thank you thank you, dear.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE this post for multiple reasons. One, I'm going through the pain of a break up that was 5 months ago (yuck). Two, that is my favorite Mumford & Sons song. My grandpa passed away earlier this year and that song helps me deal with my grief.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you all for your sweet responses. Thank you for reading my thoughts & helping me realize these lessons. And for those of you who find yourself in the depths of heartache - hold on. I promise you, it is going to be better than fine. I just know it. Big hugs to every.single.one of you. I love ya to pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  13. these words are just what i needed right. this. second.

    thank you.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, I have read through many of your posts. And after this one I had to comment, think we could be best friends. Or maybe you are just saying everything I can't seem to get out on paper. Or maybe I just feel like someone out there has a heart similar to mine... After the storm gets me through every drive to work in the morning. knowing someday, "love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears."
    Keep on spreading the love!


    http://misskateside.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. i know you posted this awhile ago haha but my friend (miss erin) sent me here. i loved what you said and it was really encouraging. thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is SUCH a nice read :). I'll stop stalking your old posts now...lol I swear i tell myself i'll leave now and just click on a new post and stalk about 10 more.

    ReplyDelete

Oh, please do say hello!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...